Skip to content

Report an Incident, Complaint or Crime

You can make an anonymous report of a complaint, incident or concern using any of the following options:

  • In Person: Director of Residence Life/Chief Conduct Officer or Assistant Vice President of Student Life (Student Center, 2nd floor).
  • Website:
  • Toll-Free Telephone:
    • English speaking USA and Canada: 833-350-0022.
    • Spanish speaking USA and Canada: 800-216-1288.
    • Spanish speaking Mexico: 01-800-681-5340.
    • French speaking Canada: 855-725-0002.
  • E-mail: [email protected] (you must include UIU’s name with your report).
  • Fax: (215) 689-3885 (you must include UIU’s name with your report).

Please Note

  • This reporting platform does not replace our normal grievance process.  We encourage individuals to use this resource when anonymity is necessary.
  • This is not an emergency service.  Please recognize this platform is for those instances where an immediate response is not necessary. In an emergency, call 911 (6-911 from a Fayette campus phone).
  • You are required to create a confidential pin number which will allow you to track your report.  This pin number will also provide the appropriate UIU program administrator the ability to reach out to you for additional information, if necessary, without disclosing your identity.
  • All reports received by Lighthouse are forwarded to a university designee for review. If a report is found to be in violation of a university policy, an investigation will be initiated. Please note that your identity will be protected to the fullest extent of the law. However, your identity may become known during the course of the investigation because of the information you provide.

Reporting Topics

Include, but are not limited to, the following:

  • FERPA Violations
  • Ethical Violations
  • Unsafe Working Conditions
  • Quality of Service
  • Sexual Harassment
  • Discrimination
  • Alcohol and Substance Abuse
  • Fraud
  • Conflict of Interest
  • Theft and Embezzlement
  • Violation of the Law
  • Violence
  • Stalking
  • Code of Student Responsibility
  • Assault
  • Misuse of University Property
  • Violation of University Policy
  • Improper Conduct
  • Bribery and Kickbacks
  • Threats
  • Conduct Violations
  • Theft
  • Vandalism and Sabotage
  • Internal Controls
  • Title IX
  • Falsification of Reports or Records
View of Fayette Campus.

Crisis Services

Information about mental health crises, sexual assault and local area crisis resources.

Fayette Campus Incident Reporting

This can be done immediately following the incident by calling the Fayette Police Department (425-3500), Director of the Counseling Center (5208) or Director of Residence Life (5765). If you decide at a later date to report an incident that recently took place, you can contact the Director of the Counseling Center (5208).

The reasons for reporting to the University:

  1. Protect yourself and others from future victimization;
  2. Apprehend the assailant; and
  3. Seek justice for the wrong that has been done to you.

If you choose to report the incident to the Fayette Police Department, an officer(s) will take a statement from you regarding what happened. They will ask you to describe the assailant(s) (if you do not know them), or identify them if you do. They may ask questions about the scene of the crime, any witnesses and what happened before and after the incident. You may have a support person with you during the interview.

If you are assaulted and at this time do not want to pursue action within the University system or the local police department, you may still want to consider making an anonymous report per the options at the top of this page. With your permission, the Dean of Students can file a report of the incident without revealing your identity.

The purpose of an anonymous report is to comply with your wish to keep the matter confidential, while taking steps to ensure future safety for yourself and others. With such information, the University can keep accurate records about the number of incidents involving students or employees; determine whether there is a pattern of assaults with regard to a particular location, method or assailant; and alert the campus community to potential danger.

Additional Resources

Students who are not satisfied with their efforts to resolve their complaint with UIU have the option to file a complaint online with the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) or the Iowa College Student Aid Commission (877-272-4456).

Filing a Complaint in a Different State

Sex Offender Notification

Colleges and universities are now required to inform students and employees of where they can learn of individuals who have been convicted of sex crimes. If you are interested in information, you can visit the Fayette County Sheriff’s Department on Highway 150 just south of West Union. You must appear in person and make the request in writing. There is also an online registry of those convicted of sex crimes; it contains those individuals labeled at risk to re-offend, not everyone convicted of a sex crime.